Since it’s nearly Valentine’s Day, I thought it would be fun to talk about how to show the love to your readers over the next two weeks. I always suggest creating and consistently sending out a newsletter, but many people struggle with what to say.
Here are a few ideas:
- Offer a free ebook or short story to everyone on your newsletter list. You can easily send it using BookFunnel.
- Offer a free ebook or paperback book to one person on your list. It could be one of your books or an author you think your readers would like.
- Put a book on sale and tell your newsletter subscribers first on the first day of the sale.
- Play a game – post a funny meme in your newsletter where readers create a new name (superhero, fairy, etc.), or a “Finish this sentence” game, or ask them to share their best or worst story on a topic, like Valentine’s Day.
- Ask them what they’re reading! Readers love to talk about the book they’re reading now.
You could use the last two items to get people over to your Facebook page or group. Give them the link with a “Click here to play” or “Click here to share” note.
When you think of fun ideas that you would enjoy as a reader, your readers will have more fun with your newsletters, too. And you’ll be more memorable!