Last week, in Episode 52, I went through the first half of my list of ten things you should know to help you decide if self-publishing is a path you might want to take. Today I’m going through the second half of the list so that you know what questions you need to ask yourself, and so you can eventually come to an educated decision about whether this publishing path is for you.
Continuing from last week…
6. You’ll need to learn to work with other creatives – cover designers, editors, etc.
7. Which distribution channels will you use?
8. Are you prepared for the business side of self-publishing?
9. You’ll need to be willing to always be learning new things.
10. Can you keep to a writing schedule even as you get busier with the business side?
I hope this helps you as you try to decide if self-publishing is for you. If you have the personality for it, it can be an incredibly rewarding publishing journey. If you don’t, it can be one of the most frustrating and unfulfilling things you can do with your time.
Be honest. That will lead you down the path that is truly best for you. Good luck!