My birthday vacation last week led me to the idea for this month’s Encouraging Words episode. Taking some time off, and doing and seeing creative and amazing things I’ve never seen, I feel like I came back to my life a new person! I not only felt refreshed, but I felt more creative and ready to jump back into my writing.
Whether you’re planning your next vacation, or just need a break to reset, here are some of the ideas I talk about this week to take a creativity break:
- You can do something as short as a walk outside in nice weather
- Or you can make a lot of plans for a longer break
- Sometimes having a day that you don’t do anything is the best “plan”
- Museums, movies, or an art lesson could do wonders for your imagination
- Get together with a friend who makes you laugh and feel good
- But definitely put a break on your calendar so you DO IT